METRO Youth Art Poster Contest
Effective: Dec 05 - Jan 31 2015
This year’s theme “Cruz with METRO”
Open to all students, Kindergarten to 12th grade in Santa Cruz County
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 2015
Poster entry form and contest rules may be downloaded here, or picked up free of charge at either SC Metro Administration, or Pacific Station Customer ServiceRead more
- Students must create their own original artwork- no copyrighted clip art, computer generated graphics, or copyrighted characters
- Posters must reflect the theme of the contest: Cruz with METRO
- All entries must be submitted on quality paper or poster board
- Poster dimensions should be 10”H x16”W (Use an 11”x17” sheet with a 0.5 inch border)
- All entries must be 2-dimensional; no glued on pieces will be accepted
- Any medium (paint, crayon, marker, colored pencil, etc.) is acceptable, but remember that bright solid colors will reproduce better!
- Students may only submit one entry
- Each poster must have an entry form firmly attached to the back of the poster
- Entries must be mailed or delivered to the Santa Cruz METRO
JUDGING: Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to “Cruz with METRO” theme
- Support of SC Metro or transit in general
- Originality and creativity
- Overall visual appeal
PRIZES TO BE AWARDED:
- One 1st , 2nd, and 3rd Place winner will be selected from each school level: 3 winners each from elementary, middle, and high school entries
- 1st Place winners will have his or her artwork displayed on the exterior of SC Metro buses!
- 2nd and 3rd Place winners will have his or her artwork displayed inside SC Metro vehicles!
- Best of Show winner will be displayed on the Spring Headways Cover!
- All winners will receive a fun prize pack!
Winners will be notified by March 7, 2015
For more information contact Halle Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) Phone: (831) 420-2593
Proposed Changes to Rt. 68 Live Oak & Rt. 6 Broadway/Frederick
Effective: Jan 23 2015
This notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the Santa Cruz METRO on January 23, 2015 at 9:00 AM at the Santa Cruz City Council Chambers, 809 Center St. Santa Cruz, CA.
At the hearing the Santa Cruz METRO will afford an opportunity for interested parties to have input regarding changes to the Rt. 68 Live Oak and the Rt. 6 Broadway/Frederick. Santa Cruz METRO staff proposed the rerouting of the Rt. 68 Live Oak as an alternative to the current Rt. 6 Broadway/Frederick.Read more
The “new” Rt. 68 Live Oak would add a loop to include:
- Upper Frederick Street
- La Posada
- Upper Seabright Avenue
- Gault Elementary
Impacts of this change may include:
- Travel time increase
- Changes in connection times
- Possible departure times of other routes, possibly the Rt. 66, 69A and 69W
- Route 6 recommended for elimination
- Changes to departure times Monday through Friday
Interested parties can contact Santa Cruz METRO Planning Department by email at email@example.com
Quarterly Service Updates
Winter Service Dec 18, 2014 - Mar 11, 2015
Route 35 - San Lorenzo Valley (SLV)
Weekends: Service to Big Basin State Park will be discontinued for the Winter. Service will resume on Saturday, March 14, 2015.
Route 40 - Davenport / North Coast Beaches
Weekends: Service to Waddell Creek will be discontinued for the Winter. Service will resume on Saturday, March 14, 2015.