Santa Cruz METRO’s top priority is to provide safe, reliable, courteous mobility and accessibility to our community. In cooperation with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Santa Cruz METRO operates ‘METRO ParaCruz’, a complementary paratransit service.
METRO ParaCruz provides people with disabilities a level of access to mass public transportation that is comparable to the rest of the community.
METRO operates a fleet of safe, clean, modern and accessible large buses, small buses, and minivans, connecting people to educational, business, medical, shopping, social, and other destinations. All METRO fixed route buses and ParaCruz vehicles are accessible to any customers needing the use of a ramp or lift to board a METRO vehicle.
Santa Cruz METRO ParaCruz is a shared-ride service, providing door-to-door public transportation for people who have a temporary or permanent physical, cognitive, or psychiatric disability that prevents them from making some or all of their trips on METRO’s fixed route bus system.
Customers may arrange for an assistant to travel with them. Rides are scheduled in advance, and frequently include picking up and dropping off other customers along the way.
How To Apply
- Eligibility for this service is determined through an in-person interview.
- Click here to find out how to apply
For ParaCruz Customer Service Inquiries
- Click here to send us a convenient ParaCruz Customer Service Report
- Or call (831)425-4664
- Responses to ParaCruz Customer Service Reports may take up to 30 days.
ParaCruz Reservations and Customer Service Hours
- Rides must be reserved at least one day in advance of the ride.
- Reservations may be arranged between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm
- Call (831)425-4664 (Dial 711 for CRS Hearing & Speech Impaired Services
ParaCruz Customer Guide
ParaCruz Service Area
- METRO ParaCruz provides service to any destination within Santa Cruz County that is within three-quarter (¾) miles of an operating bus route.
ParaCruz Service Hours
- METRO ParaCruz operates additional evening hours to correspond with certain fixed routes, and operates limited hours (6:00am to 10:30pm) adjacent to fixed routes #33 and #34 on weekdays only during the summer months, when these fixed routes do not operate.
- Call for more information (831)425-4664 (Dial 711 for CRS Hearing & Speech Impaired Services)
- Notice: ParaCruz fare restructuring and fare increase from $4 to $6 may take effect September 10th, 2015
- The ParaCruz fare is $4.00 per one-way trip
- Pre-paid coupons are available:
- Santa Cruz METRO allows for all mobility devices to access our vehicles regardless of weight or size, and will attempt to carry any wheelchair or mobility device that can physically and safely be accommodated on either our Fixed Route or Paratransit equipment.
- As long as the device can maneuver the ramp or be picked up by the lift, and the customer can maneuver the device into the passenger area in a forward facing position for securement, boarding is permitted.